Migrants and refugee women are likely to face isolation, poverty and destitution. These evils can have devastating consequences on the migrants’ and refugees’ well-being. They found hugely difficult accessing existing services for various reasons such as language barriers or issues related to the stigma surrounding their mental health. Despite there are very good services for migrants and refugees women, the number of those using these provisions is still very low.
At EWEG we regularly hold workshops on health and wellbeing issues. Through these session, we aim to reduce isolation, improve quality of life, self-esteem and self-confidence of our clients.
Upcoming sessions and topics include:
- Dementia (Thursday 09:30-11:30, 5th September 2019)
- Oral Health (Thursday 09:30-11:30, 12h September 2019)
- Diabetes (Thursday 09:30-11:30, 19th September 2019)
- HIV & Sexual Health (Monday 09:30-11:30, 14th October 2019)
- Arthritis Workshop (Wednesday 09:30-11:00, 9th October 2019)
To book, call 0208 969 2608 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting in October 2019 we will be holding Employability workshops. The workshops will be on Thursdays 3rd, 17th, 24th of October, from 09:30 – 12:30.